Your privacy is important to us and we respect and honor your concerns about maintaining strict privacy.
This Privacy and Security Statement ("Privacy Statement") applies to information collected by Sandow Media's websites ("Sandow," "we," or "us"). Sandow is committed to protecting the privacy of its Users ("Users," or "you"). We have created the following Privacy Statement to give you an overview of the type of information we collect, how the information is used and how the information is safeguarded.
Information is collected from Users by Sandow through the use of Sandow's Web sites. This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected by Sandow. By visiting Sandow Web sites, you consent to the practices described in this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement discloses the privacy practices for all of Sandow Media's Web sites. If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact Sandow by E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
In order to better provide you with our poducts & services and to continually improve your experience on our Web sites, we collect information about our Users in a variety of ways. In some cases, Sandow asks Users directly for information in order for them to purchase products or use our services, and, in other cases, information is collected automatically as Users are using Sandow Web sites. You may choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to purchase products or take advantage of the features we offer. Sandow is the sole owner of information collected on Sandow Web sites.
The following is a summary of the kinds of information we collect:
1. Active Collection.
Sandow collects certain information either voluntarily or as required in order to register with Sandow or use certain Sandow services or features. This type of information includes:
Contact information, such as name, company name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone and FAX numbers.
Shipping or transaction information, such as billing address and financial information (credit card number and expiration date) if you choose to purchase products offered for sale on one or more of the Sandow Web sites. If we have trouble processing an order, the information is used to contact the User.
Demographic information about the User and/or the User's company/institution.
Information you enter in forms and optional surveys or contests, such as name and e-mail address.
Information provided in connection with discussions on bulletin boards, in chat rooms, and in messaging or other interactive services.
Information provided in e-mail requests and communications.
Information from other sources. In order to personalize our services by providing better product recommendations or special offers we may think will interest you, we may request and receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily. In addition, we may acquire User names, e-mail addresses and mailing addresses for select mailings from third parties.
2. Passive Collection
Some information is collected automatically while you are using Sandow Web sites. It is important to note that Sandow must store this information in order to ensure its Users receive optimal service while using Sandow services. This type of information includes:
1. Log Files: Log files information, such as IP addresses, browser type, domain names, number of page views, login frequency, page or section accesses. Log files are used to track user usage and engagement and to gauge the effectiveness of our different services. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer Sandow Web sites.
Sandow also uses third parties to provide services to you on behalf of Sandow, and in doing so they must set cookies on the site. For example, when you use the Live Chat User service function on one of our sites, the third party who allows us to bring this service to you sets a cookie so we can tell what pages of the site you have accessed in order to better respond to your question. If you reject this cookie, you cannot use Live Chat. Also, we use a third party to provide web analytic services which allows Sandow to track website usage statistics and checkout information. For additional information regarding the information made available to third parties by Sandow, see How Does Sandow Use the Information Collected provided below.
For information on how to have your browser disable cookies or provide a warning before accepting a cookie, please refer to the cookie options in your browser's Options or Preferences menu.
3. Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs): We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that helps us better manage content across our sites by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. Clear gifs are tied to CustomersUsers' personally identifiable information. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based e-mails to let us know which e-mails the recipients have opened. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Also, clear gifs, which may be set by a third party, are used on pages to track sales, which may result from our Internet advertising campaigns and banner advertisements appearing on other web sites. In order to track the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, aggregate data pertaining to the dollar amount spent, items purchased, and campaign the customerUser responded to, is sent to third party servers for the purpose of tracking which sales resulted from specific advertising campaigns and to track conversion sales coming from banner advertisements. No individually identifiable data is sent to third party servers, only data that reflects that a sale occurred. If Users would like to opt-out of these e-mails, they should see the Opt-out section.
B. HOW DOES SANDOW USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
Sandow endeavors to comply with state, local and federal laws regarding the preservation and archiving of information collected. In addition to the uses described elsewhere in this Privacy Statement, Sandow may use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To contact you about our products and services or about your use of our Web sites. For example, Users will receive a welcome e-mail, e-mail newsletters, and customized content, and they may receive an update when Sandow has new product features or enhancements or other news to relay to our Users.
- For marketing and promotional purposes.
- For catalog mailings if you request to receive a catalog.
- Sandow does not use individually identifiable health information that may be collected in our discussion groups for marketing purposes.
- To respond to your comments or requests or to request feedback regarding our products or services.
- For billing purposes, to facilitate transactions and to fill User orders in connection with purchases of products offered by Sandow.
- For the specific purpose for which the information was provided.
Sandow operates globally so it may be necessary from time to time to transfer your information internationally. In particular, your information will likely be transferred to and processed in the United States where many of our central databases operate. The data protection and other laws of other countries, such as the United States, may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that we take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using this site you consent to your information being collected, used and transferred as set forth in this privacy statement.
C. HOW DOES SANDOW COMMUNICATE WITH USERS?
Sandow would like to communicate with its Users when we have new products or services we feel are of special interest to you. Unless you opt-out of communications from Sandow, you will receive the following types of communications:
- Special Offers and Updates. Users will occasionally receive information on products, services and special deals or coupons from Sandow and its partners. Out of respect for the privacy of our Users, we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see the Choice/Opt-out section.
- User Care. We communicate with Users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account, we reply via e-mail or phone, in accordance with the User's wishes.
- Refer a friend. If a User elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site(s), we ask them for the friend's contact information. Sandow will automatically send the friend an e-mail inviting him/her to visit the site(s). Sandow maintains this information for the purpose of sending e-mail and tracking the success of our referral program. The friend may contact Sandow to request the removal of this information from our database by sending an e-mail requesting removal to email@example.com, or by calling User Care at 561.961.7600, during regular business hours.
D. WHAT INFORMATION IS SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Information about our Users is an important part of our business. Sandow discloses information you provide to us with third parties as described below.
- We will share your information with independent contractors, service providers and consultants who assist us in our business or in providing Users with goods or services. Such service providers may include, without limitation, product suppliers in order to fulfill orders, credit card processing and shipping companies. However we will only share such personally identifiable information, as we deem necessary for them to carry out their obligations to Sandow. Third parties are obligated to only use and/or disclose your personally identifiable information for the purpose for which Sandow disclosed the information to them, and no other purpose.
- We also share aggregated demographic information with independent contractors, service providers, consultants, advertisers and other partners. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- Sandow investors receive reports on number of Users, items purchased, page views, logins, etc. They do not receive any personally identifiable information.
- In the event that Sandow goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, Users' personal information generally is one of the transferred business assets. For more information, see our Notification of Changes section below.
- Sandow will also disclose personal information it has collected if necessary to fulfill our service obligations or if we are required to do so by law or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on Sandow, to respond to any claims, or protect the rights of Sandow and its Users and the public.
- Other than as described above, you will receive notice when information about you may go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. Sandow has implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect User information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Sandow may offer links to other Web sites. Please be aware that Sandow is not responsible for the privacy practices of such linked sites, including sites of our partners. We encourage our Users to be aware of this when they leave our Web sites and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Sandow.
G. UNSOLICITED E-MAIL (SPAM)
H. SURVEYS AND CONTESTS
From time to time, our sites request information from Users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information or your name and e-mail address. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Anonymous survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of Sandow Web sites.
None of the Sandow Web sites are directed at children, and Sandow does not sell products for purchase by children. We may, however, sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under the age of 18, you may use Sandow Web sites only with involvement and authorization of a parent or guardian.
J. CHOICE/OPT OUT
Sandow gives Users the ability to opt-out of receiving future communications. To opt-out of email communications follow the "un-subscribe" links included at the bottom of email communications or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
K. ACCESSING AND CHANGING INFORMATION
To assure that the information collected is accurate and up-to-date, Sandow allows Users to edit and update their information through our Web sites. Users may also email Sandow or call User Care at 561-961-7600 during regular business hours if they have questions or concerns about the accuracy of their information.
L. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
M. ADDRESSING PRIVACY & SECURITY CONCERNS
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices or your dealings with any Sandow Web sites, or wish to receive a printed version of this Privacy Statement, please contact us:
Sandow Media, LLC
3651 NW 8th Avenue
Boca Raton FL 33431
N. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Sandow Media, LLC
3651 NW 8th Avenue
Boca Raton FL 33431
Attention: John Rockwell
In your request, please specify the particular product, service and site within the Sandow Web sites to which your request pertains.